Six month ago, I was celebrating my 30th birthday with pomp: bubbles, flowers, dresses, cocktails, gifts, I was feeling like a real princess. And to mark this important milestone, I wrote down a list of 15 goals to achieve during this new year. Now that I’m thirty and a half, let’s see how it’s going so far…
1. try a new restaurant once a month (this one should be easy)
Surprisingly, I spend less and less time in restaurants to the benefit of delicious meals cooked at home and therefore the discovery of new places is halted. On the other hand, having brunch with my sweetheart in a local restaurant is becoming a weekly tradition, which comforts me every Sunday morning.
2. put money away each week for next Christmas (I try every year, but the money saved is always used for a new dress around spring)
This one is going very well and I haven’t missed a single week, it’s almost a miracle!
3. eat one meatless dish every week
Now that I spend a lot of time with the greatest meat lover I’ve ever known, meatless meals are totally absent! But when I’m home alone, I love to take a break from all that meat and eat a vegetarian dish, which is at least once every week.
4. make my own pasta
I really want to take time to make my own pasta next fall during the harvest season. However, I got a glimpse during a dinner with friends last February.
5. find the right man (yeah, right)
I think this can be considered done and I couldn’t be more pleased about it!
6. go to the gym (at least) three times a week. every week
I’m trying my very best to exercise three times a week, but life is life and it’s sometime impossible. Read here: the motivation is at its lowest BUT I never thought I’d run a 5K during the summer, so I impress myself!
7. eat Junk food once every two weeks instead of once every week
I am pleasantly surprised of how I succeed at eating less junk food without much effort. In fact, I don’t even remember the last time I ate French fries!
8. going on a road trip in Maine
This one is happening in two weeks and I never thought I’d go in couple! There are going to be a lot of sweet summer memories.
9. learn to say no
Hummm… still working on that!
10. having a signature cocktail (other than my beloved gin tonic) and mastering it
This one urges a bit since we’re in the middle of summer, but these days I’m more the wine kind. Maybe I should come up with my own sangria recipe, what do you think?
11. drink more water every day
I try to drink a bottle of water everyday at work and it goes well so far!
12. learn how to use my DSLR camera on manual mode
This is another thing for which I must take time to achieve because I didn’t improve my skills at all!
13. live on a budget (as impossible as it sounds!)
I predicted it: it’s barely impossible! But I’m working hard on that one too.
14. win the lottery, pack my bags and leave (so number 13 can disappear)
Guess why, but I no longer want to leave!
15. enjoy being 30, single and fabulous (exclamation point)!
For the last half year, I clearly enjoyed being 30, single and fabulous and it will go for the upcoming six months but this time with a change in my relationship status!